(Ting. Ting. Ting!) We’d like to make a toast: To Tractor Brewing Company. To Animal Humane. And, to the community. Woof! Meow!
Animal Humane New Mexico is proud to be one of four amazing charities picked by the Tractor Brewing Company team for the inaugural year of the Beer for a Better Burque partnership. Animal Humane has been fortunate to partner with Tractor to provide a venue and beer – don’t forget the beer! – for our monthly Perfect Pub Pet classes at its Nob Hill location, and we recently had a stellar 32nd Annual Doggie Dash & Dawdle Kick Off Party at the Wells Park location. They have also provided much appreciated support and friendship, and continuing to work with a dog-friendly business is a perfect match!
At Animal Humane, our dedicated team works to support and improve the lives of New Mexico’s cats and dogs through sheltering, adoptions, humane education and veterinary services. We envision a society in which every animal is treated with respect and compassion.
We have recently crunched the numbers on our 2013-14 Fiscal Year and are proud to share some of our accomplishments. From July 2013 to June 2014:
- Our Adoptions Team found homes for 3,887 homeless pets, helping our organization achieve a 92% Live Release Rate.
- We reached 5,165 individuals through our K-12 Learn Humane education programs, a 70% growth over the previous year.
- We transferred 1,366 at-risk pets into our care through Project Fetch, our state-wide pet transfer program, a 25% increase over the previous year.
- Our Donor-subsidized Veterinary Clinic sterilized 4,366 cats and dogs, making a huge impact on pet overpopulation in our community, in addition to serving 5,157 low-income pet owners with comprehensive veterinary care.
- Our talented Behavior Team provided 87 classes and workshops to a total of 422 pet owners, served 1,050 pet owners through our FREE Behavior Helpline (505.938.7900) and saved 50 shelter pets with Behavior Modification plans.
Tractor’s infectious energy and fun spirit will undoubtedly make Beer for a Better Burque a perfect pairing to support the pets in Animal Humane’s care. Sure, your dog doesn’t have thumbs, so he can’t sip that meticulously crafted Oatmeal Stout, but you can absolutely raise a pint to your furry friend’s loyalty knowing that your love of locally brewed beer is helping Animal Humane provide food, shelter, veterinary care and love to homeless pets in our community.
In fact, bring Fido down to Tractor – Nob Hill or Wells Park – for Beer for a Better Burque nonprofit nights on the first Monday of every month. Are you lacking a canine companion to clink pint glasses for? Find members from the Animal Humane team, we’d be happy to talk to you about our pets and hook you up with your perfect companion. Your mom was wrong – you can meet your match at a bar!
We are excited to embark on this new chapter in our partnership with Tractor and hope you, and your perfect pet, will join us by picking up a growler and drinking a beer for New Mexico’s homeless pets.